Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mosquitoes - why you should hate them too!

I was inspired to write after being eaten alive by mosquitoes twice this week.

You know you have a problem with mosquitoes when:
  1. You think a burqa would be a good choice in clothing, even though you're not Muslim. You'd have to wear sunglasses though.
  2. You go to get a lovely foot massage and are dozing off in your chair when you are woken up by a slap in the face by your masseuse. She's trying to kill a mosquito (this actually happened to me today).
  3. You start looking for blood donors because you think you'll need a blood tranfusion soon.
  4. You have the phantom mosquito illness. You randomly slap yourself every few seconds because you think a mosquito is biting you. During fits of this, you look like you're doing a demented line dance.
  5. You have this awesome mosquito zapper shaped like a big tennis racket. You love it. You even sleep with it next to you. That's so you can kill the mosquito that's buzzing in your ear when you're in bed.
  6. You know where all the mosquitoes hide. You enjoy going and surprising them in their hiding spot and killing them. For example, they like to hide in the shoes outside our front door. It's a good stress release!
  7. You have your pet spots when you hate mosquitoes biting you. I hate it when they bite me on the bottom of my feet or my face.
  8. DEET is your new perfume.
  9. You wake up every morning expecting to have dengue fever.

1 comment:

Tania P said...

I can so relate to this! I had this problem in India and I'm off to Laos at the end of the year. Thanks for the heads up on what the mosquito situation is like. I'm sure that my experience will be the same as yours. I'm comforted by the fact that you didn't get dengue fever.